What is Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy (OT) is a client-centred health profession concerned with promoting health and wellbeing through occupation. In OT ‘occupation’ refers to the everyday activities that people do during their day to day lives that occupy their time and bring them meaning and purpose.
Occupations of everyday life include:
- Activities of daily living (ADL’s): self-care activities such as showering, dressing, grooming and eating
- Household and community functioning: home maintenance, driving, budgeting, shopping and community mobility
- Education: activities which allow a person to participate effectively in a learning environment
- Leisure and play
- Social participation: interacting positively with others in the community
- Work (paid and unpaid): participating in employment and volunteer activities
If you are having difficulties with your occupations due to injury, illness, or environmental and situational issues an OT can work with you to improve your knowledge and skills and/or adapt the occupations & environment, to improve your independence and wellbeing.
Occupational therapists work with individuals of any age to promote and enable effective participation in the occupations of everyday life to optimise independence and quality of life.
Be Inspired Group Occupational Therapy Services
BIG provides occupational therapy services for adults and specialises in the following areas:
Please click on the links above to find out more about these services.
Any questions please feel free to contact us.
- Phone: 0410 799 075
- Email: email@example.com