Do you find it challenging working with clients who seem unmotivated and reluctant to change?
This interactive workshop consolidates and builds on topics covered in the Facilitating Health Behaviour Change Workshop – Introduction. It explores a range of strategies and skills that you can add to your repertoire, to engage and empower your clients in achieving lasting behaviour and lifestyle changes.
- Enhanced clinician confidence and readiness to use health behaviour change strategies with clients
- Increased understanding of and practical experience using the ‘Change MAkER Model’ tools and strategies to support behaviour change
- Increased skills in Motivational Interviewing
- Increased understanding of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy to enhance cognitive and emotional resilience
This workshop is based on the ‘Change MAkER Model, that has been developed in response to participant feedback at similar workshops over the last 2 years and aims to provide a logical approach that people can easily remember, understand and flexibly apply within their work settings. The model includes five key elements for sustainable behaviour change, how to assess these, how to work with clients to build these elements, and a range of practical tools, assessment forms and strategies to help clinicians follow this model and be a more effective “Change Maker”
- Health Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Allied Health, coaches, health workers)
- People looking to improve their skills facilitating behaviour change
Attendance at the Facilitating Health Behaviour Change workshop – Introduction, or other relevant training in motivational interviewing or client centred practice.
Full Day – 8:45am to 4:30pm
Upcoming Workshop Details
This workshop can be run on demand and if necessary tailored to your organisational needs. Please express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us.
- $240 per person
- A discount applies to bookings of 3 people or more.
- By negotiation when run privately for your organisation
“An excellent workshop for anyone interested in supporting clients to positively Self- Manage their ongoing health conditions. It was a workshop full of tools and strategies to assist health professionals build partnerships with clients. I was introduced to a model that gives me confidence to support clients who are choosing to change behaviours“
Rosalind Wren, Occupational Therapist, Resthaven