Our mission– is to promote health, resilience and well-being within our community through a range of innovative services and programs.
Mark and Amanda decided to start Be Inspired Group as they are passionate about helping others and wanted to provide innovative services that are flexible and meet people’s needs. Having worked in the public sector for a long time, they have found it frustrating to see such a constant focus on hospital and reactive care and less and less investment in primary health care and preventative services. Their preference is to help people before they reach crisis point. To help them to learn the skills and develop the capacity and resilience to improve their lives.
- Director / Occupational Therapist
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Diploma Business Management
- Cert IV Training & Assessment
- Registered with the Australian Occupational Therapy Board (APHRA)
- Member of Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA)
- Endorsed Mental Health Occupational Therapist with OTA
- Central Adelaide Primary Health Network Clinical Council Member
- South Australian Self-Management Alliance Member
- Interdisciplinary Health Practitioners Network
Areas of expertise:
- Focused Psychological interventions and coaching to facilitate change and enhance wellbeing
- ACT therapist (Acceptance & commitment Therapy)
- Health and wellness coaching
- Case management and care coordination
- Chronic disease management – from prevention through to complex multi-morbidity
- Developing and implementing models of care and systems to enhance clinical care services
- Project management
- Developing and delivering training for health professionals
Amanda is passionate about helping people to build the skills and resilience to enhance their health and wellbeing. Amanda sees wellbeing as much more than the absence or management of illness, it is about people flourishing. By this she means living a life in line within one’s values and strengths, experiencing positive emotions, being engaged in activities and having a sense of purpose and meaning. She believes there needs to be a culture shift within the health sector towards supporting people to develop the skills and resilience to enable them to flourish, rather than the current focus on illness.
- Director / Business Manager / Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Occupational therapy student (Studying Masters of Occupational Therapy at the University of South Australia)
- Masters of Teaching (Primary & Middle)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
Mark is currently studying Occupational Therapy and is working as an occupational therapy assistant and is the business manager for Be Inspired Group. Mark professionally leads a diversified life drawing on a range of skills and expertise. Mark has fifteen years experience implementing business systems, improving business process flows and managing projects in large businesses. He has also worked with children through Out of School Hours Care, teaching and conducting workshops in schools. He has a passion for teaching and role modelling life and well-being skills to help assist people reach their full potential. He believes almost anything is possible once the barriers to change are overcome.
Mark has played in the Victorian State League at table tennis and loves to set himself challenges that extends himself. Mark was an Honorary Member of the Rotary Club of Norwood and was awarded the Paul Harris Fellowship for leadership in fundraising. Mark believes in “Pay it Forwards” and has organised a number of community fundraiser initiatives raising funds towards a range of local and international causes.
Be Inspired Group also teams with other consultants and health professionals when needed.